Wednesday 27 April 2011

Evaluation Question 7


Q7.In my progression from my college magazine to my music magazine, the college magazine made me remember that producing a magazine can be very time-consuming because of the amount of different elements and conventions in the magazines that need to be taken into consideration. Time management during the making of my college magazine was an issue that I had to look at and make sure the same issue wouldn’t be repeated in the making of the music magazine. This was a disadvantage because there was no time to edit and improve what need to be improved, however if I had managed my time correctly the college magazine could have reached its potential.

The size of the fonts in my contents page in the college magazine were too big which decreased the amount of pages I was about to fit into the contents page. In the music magazine I decided to decrease the size of the fonts in my music magazine to allow more space for more page titles to be included in the contents. Also it creates more space for me to add extra features on the content page for my music magazine. I only used one photograph on my content page for the college magazine; I compared this content page to other real magazine products and noticed that there is more than just one photograph on most contents pages. Therefore, I used this idea to take more photos that I could display on my contents page in the music magazine.
The lack of pictures are another issue that came up in the college magazine, because of the lack of pictures I was not able to have a variety of pictures that may have been more suitable than some of the pictures I had to use in my college magazine.  Also the quality of pictures increases from the college magazine to the music magazine because of the different technical equipment that I could use.  I could also edit the taken pictures better on Photoshop in the music magazine than the college magazine because of the adaptation between myself and the Photoshop software. I had gotten better than the first time I had used Photoshop for a magazine and because of this, it was then easier to learn new things and use them to enhance the quality of the magazine.

The structure of the college magazine is similar to the music magazine as they both have they same conventions. Producing the college magazine made it easier to create the music magazine, as it was a reminder of the conventions that I had to include in the music magazine. It also made the conventions easier to challenge, if necessary because the college magazine conventions were used appropriately and therefore could be manipulated in the music magazine to try and create a different effect on the magazine.
For the college magazine, I did not proof print my magazine to see what it looks like as an actual magazine in ma hands, but I used this proof printing technique for the music magazine which helped me look at the magazine from a different perspective.   







No comments:

Post a Comment