Wednesday 27 April 2011

Evaluation Question 3


 
Harris Publishing Inc would distribute my music magazine because it increases the type of audience they will get. The type of media products they distribute are magazines based on snowmobiles, boats and golf. My media product doesn’t cause any competition; neither does it take the audiences attention away from the other types of magazines they distribute. 

This company targets a niche audience, distributing my music magazine can allow the company to gain more audiences, which will eventually lead to a bigger profit. Music is something that is very popular in the world, if Harris Publishing Inc were to distribute my magazine; it would increase the popularity of the company.   My magazine can also relate to this company as my magazine is also targeted at a niche audience, which are the hip-hop listeners.

My magazine attracts a new audience for Harris Publishing Inc, which are the younger generation. Harris Publishing Inc aims their magazines at the mature, wealthy generation, where people can afford snow-mobiles & boats etc. My magazine introduces this incorporation to the “teen” generation/audience, who keeps up with their music through reading music magazines. My magazine is not aimed at an audience with a certain amount of wealth, unlike some of the Harris magazines. This also helps Harris to gain more profit and a wider audience because most people worldwide are into music and can afford a magazine is not too far-fetched for them.

Harris Publishing Inc publishes magazines based on a way of living. “SnoWest” “Potato Grower” and “Sugar Producer” are magazines which represent that type of lifestyle genre. Having a different type of magazine with a different genre can broaden the horizon for Harris Inc. My magazine would be a great way to gain a new audience because of its difference & uniqueness in the company, since it has never been done before in the company it may become appealing to the audience.

My magazine can be distributed in a number of ways through this company. It can be made purchasable at shops and local newsagents across the nation. Shops and local newsagents are ideal places for the target audience to get the magazine, as it is not a difficult process for the readers to obtain the product. Another way of distributing my magazine is by creating newsstands near schools and colleges, by going right to the source of my target audience, it makes it a lot easier for them to purchase or acknowledge.

In order for my magazine to reach a high popularity, it should be advertised online where a lot of the younger generation spend their leisure time. This would be convenient for Harris Publishing Inc as they already have a website, they can advertise the magazine online too. Since Harris Publishing Inc is already online, sites like Facebook, MySpace etc. can be used as a way to advertise the magazine more to my target audience. This can benefit the company because it does not cause the company to loose money in any way, as it is a free process. I believe by taking these minor steps, a positively major effect can be created.

No comments:

Post a Comment