Wednesday 27 April 2011

Evaluation Question 4

Q4.

The audience of my media product are young teenagers that listen to the hip-hop genre. It is not gender specific as both male and female individuals appear in the magazine. However, the age range for the magazine is not intended for a wide audience, it is aimed at young teenagers. I have shown this by taking photos of young teenagers rather than having older people in the pictures; this is intentionally done to grab the attention of teens.

On the on the other hand, the older generations can still take a peek at the magazine because the artists included aren’t all teenagers, this gives something in which the adults can relate to. I have aimed my magazine at teenagers preferably between the ages of 14-20, I took into consideration that my audience are young and they most likely wouldn’t have jobs, as a consequence of this I made the price of the magazine affordable to their age range. This helps to keep the magazine within the reach of my audience as the price is held at a reasonably priced cost.

In the hip-hop industry, this genre is dominated by hip-hop artists from the USA. American teenagers would also be a part of my target audience since they are most likely to be familiar with artists from their own country. I

My audience for this media product will also be people that are interested in finding out what goes on in the hip-hop industry. My magazine contains news about the music and the artists behind their music, according to my research the majority of young teenagers wanted a magazine that mentions the hip-hop artists and their interviews. Some teenagers like to follow the fashion trend and by following my hip-hop magazine, they will be kept up to date through a variety of recent images of different hip-hop artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment